Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mr. Independent

So littleman is keeping us on our toes! He has this new little shrill and squeel he does now. He does it for happy times, frustrated times, and mad times. It's really cute when he's happy and super annoying when he is mad!

Today we went to our friend Ella's 2nd birthday party! It's so hard to believe she is 2 now! Of course it's even harder to say I have a 19 month old. I've been calling him 18 months since about 16 months b/c I thought it was close enough. Yesterday I checked the date and thought wow now I have to call him 19 months b/c he is just getting so big! I can't believe how fast my baby is growing! So at Ella's party today Carter was the only boy! So he jumped right in and even "danced" with the birthday girl! They are so cute together!

Carter has started showing his own likes and dislikes a little bit more here recently. For example at the table when you give him something he doesn't want to eat he shakes his head no and makes the above mentioned squeel. Today I caught him sitting in my glider in his room, which I guess makes it "his" glider in his room! He saw me come around the corner and gave me a big smile, as to say, "check me out rocking myself in my room"!!! So then he reached up to his book shelf and asked for a book. I preceeded to go through most of them getting a head shake of no and the squeel. So I put all of the books on the floor and he played for another 45 minutes reading to himself! He is so adorable!

Tomorrow we are off to another birthday party with friends we have not seen in a while. We are looking forward to it! Maybe I'll actually remember to take my camera out and I can post some pics with the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment