So when Carter was born we decided to make an annual trip to Destin Florida. We started out own family tradition. So for all of my Mother's Days (both of them) we have been on the most beautiful beach!
This year we thought we would be smart and wake up early and leave around 3:30am so Carter could sleep most of the trip and it would not be so hard on him. BIG mistake...we were so quiet and got him out of his bed and placed in his carseat so carfully! Then we were out of the driveway quickly. Well it didn't matter because guess who stayed awake until 5am. Well when he and his Daddy passed out (b/c Scott had been at work until 3am) I thought "Great I can really jam to the radio and drive in the quiet". Well a short 25 minutes Littleman woke up and was awake for the rest of the drive. He did so well though. We stopped and let him run around for about 20 minutes and hit the rode again!
When we got there we met my parents at the wonderful house we had rented. THey had already been grocery shopping so we were ready to enjoy the pool in our backyard and the beach! And boy did we! Carter didn't really care for the hot tub or slightly heated pool too much! He enjoyed climbing the stairs at the house the most! Then we took him out to the beach and he was sooooo happy! So happy in fact that when I picked him up to take him to the house to get ready for dinner we pitched a toddler size fit! So for the rest of the trip we took him after nap so he could play until it got chilly on the beach which meant it was dinner time! He loved playing in the sand! He didn't mind the ocean but was perfectly happy playing in the sand all day! I did learn something new about myself...I can't build a sandcastle to save my life!!! It sprinkled a little one morning so we took that time to go do some shopping! The next day the morning was a bit cooler so we opted for the race car track that had a small area for wee ones! It was Mother's Day morning so it was not very busy. It was like we had the place to ourselves. They were the first "rides" Carter has ever been on! He really enjoyed the swings, train, and spinning tops! We had such a great relaxing time! I wish we could have stayed a bit longer! I look forward to many more beach trips in the future!
Love,
Carter's Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment