So this post goes out to all working mothers or mothers who must spend time away from their children. I know I'm not the only mother in the world who must leave there child to make money to help pay bills. I also know I'm not the only one who really hates missing any part of their child's "awake time". I just really had a hard time with it earlier this week. I started working 5 days a week between 2 offices this week and still continuing to work PRN at the hospital. After a grumpy Easter Sunday with Carter he decides to throw a huge fit when I left for work on Monday. He was sooo upset. To see him this upset made me want to call in to work and just sit and hold him all day long. But I am leaving him with the best person in the world...his Daddy. I trust his Daddy 100%, I just want to be the one at home all day. So after sitting in our subdivision club house parking lot for 10 minutes crying my eyes out over what I had just witnessed I drove on in to work. I texted my husband about 20 minutes later and Carter was still crying. This upset me even more. I just hate for my littleman to be upset. So 5 minutes later I learned he had stopped. I spent that night on the phone crying to my Mama about how awful it was and how I wish I could be the one to stay home. She told me what all good mother's tell their children, "you are doing what is best for your family. Atleast he is not in daycare right now and you are leaving him with his Daddy." I know she's right, but most Mom's I know would prefer to be the one's at home all day. Now that being said I know Scott's job is waaaaay more difficult than mine, but I would trade any day.
OK, sorry I just had to blog that out to help me get out the rest of my Working Mama Guilt. Anyone with any insight on how to help yourself cope with this let me know!!! Thanks for listening... or reading.
I know exactly how it feels to feel the working Mom guilt. I work crazy hours and it's always so hard to miss the special moments with my girl. I wish it would get better, that I would feel a little better after a while of having to leave, but it doesn't help..I'm not sure anything will until I find something more stable.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that I have found the helps out at all is reminding myself that only in a few hours I will be back home cuddling with my girl! I'm not much help since I am still trying to cope myself, lol! have a wonderful weekend!
This post about made me cry! I think we all have mommy guilt. Even though I only work 3 days a week, the hours that I work make it to where i only see Rhyan on those 3 days for about 45 minutes. That is SO hard for me. :-( So i totally relate. I dread the day when Rhyan starts crying when i leave.... *sigh*
ReplyDeleteBut we do what we have to do, dont we. I'll tell ya, whoever fought for womens lib really screwed us over. HA!